Posted on September 30th, 2017
Interviews for all individuals applying for a green card based upon employment will be required to complete an interview at their local USCIS office starting October 1, 2017. Many green card applicants in EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3 are wondering what to expect of these green card interviews.
Here are five tips you need to know before attending your I-485 green card interview:
1. All employment-based green card applications will be interviewed as of October 1, 2017.
2. Spouses and children of employment-based green card applicants will ALSO be interviewed.
3. Children under 14 years old are eligible to request exemption from the interview process
4. This requirement will increase USCIS workload by 17%, meaning a likely delay in how quickly green card processing times.
5. Be prepared! USCIS Officers will review your educational and employment background during this interview.
If you have questions or concerns about your employment-based green card interview, contact us today to arrange a consultation.