Immigration In Focus

Celebrezze Law, LLC is a comprehensive immigration practice. We routinely assist our clients in navigating both the day-to-day immigration process and developing and implementing a larger strategic planning process for foreign national employees.


Jaclyn is a proud graduate of Vanderbilt University and Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law. She is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and is licensed in both Ohio and Washington. Jaclyn Celebrezze has been selected to the 2018 Ohio Rising Stars list published by Thomson Reuters.

Jaclyn Celebrezze


Celebrezze Law, LLC is a comprehensive immigration practice. Our legal team has a well-deserved reputation of excellence in providing smart, sensible, and cost-effective immigration law solutions for our clients.

While the size and industry of our clients’ immigration law needs vary widely, we pride ourselves on providing individualized attention to each foreign national's immigration process from H-1B cap case to green card/permanent residency, all the way to US citizenship.

Our firm routinely helps employers and outstanding immigrants in navigating the maze that is the visa and green card process. We enjoy representing researchers and professors from top-ranked universities and colleges throughout the country; as well as international artists, musicians and athletes, Our clients appreciate her flat fees, efficiency and focus on long-term green card planning.


Phone: +1.440.669.5914

Celebrezze Law, LLC
159 Crocker Park Blvd, Suite 400
Westlake, OH 44145, USA


Contact Us Now!

Practice Areas

Non-Immigrant Visas

TN: Temporary non-immigrant status for Canadian or Mexican nationals in specified occupations.

H-1B: Temporary non-immigrant status for individuals in a specialty occupation. The most common non-immigrant work visa it is job and location-specific. The initial H-1B is typically subject to the H-1B quota also known as the H-1B cap. Contact our office today for further details, if you’re considering sponsoring an individual who may be working pursuant to OPT.

E-3: Temporary non-immigrant status that is employer and location-specific for individuals with Australian nationality.

L-1: Non-immigrant status for two categories of intra-company transfers, managers/executives and employees with specialized knowledge.

J-1: Visitor exchange visa.

O-1: Non-immigrant status for individuals of extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics.

P-1/P-2/P-3: Internationally-recognized athletes, artists, entertainers.

R-1: Non-immigrant status for certain religious workers.

Immigrant Visas

Labor Certification: Often the first step in a three-step process to obtain permanent residency on behalf of a foreign national employee.

Extraordinary Ability Petitions: The first step in a two-step permanent residency/green card process for individuals with extraordinary ability in specific fields.  This is an option for consideration for individuals that have risen to the very top of their field, but cannot be sponsored by their employers for a green card.

Outstanding Researcher or Professor Petitions: The first in a two-step permanent residency/green card process for individuals serving as professors or researchers that have gained international recognition for outstanding achievements in their field.

National Interest Waiver Petitions: The first step in a two-step permanent residency/green card process for individuals whose work , on balance has instrinsic merit and value to the United States.  This is often a good option for international postdocs or individuals that cannot be sponsored by their employers for a green card. Self-petition is an option.

EB-2/EB-3 Immigrant Petitions: The second step for individuals in the three-step process of filing for permanent residency/green card. While officially called the immigrant petition, it is often referred to as EB2 or EB3.

Additional Services

Permanent Residency Filings: Also referred to as a green card application. This is the final step to obtain permanent residency in the United States. Due to quotas and limitations, individuals will sometimes have to wait to file their permanent residency/green card application until there is availability in their category.

Naturalization Applications: Also known as an application for citizenship, this application allows permanent residents of the United States that have met all requirements to file for U.S. citizenship.

Form I-9 Auditing and Compliance: Form I-9 Auditing and Compliance is a growing area of concern for many employers, as random I-9 auditing increases around the country. Our law office assists employers and their HR departments in reviewing Form I-9 compliance and retention requirements, developing I-9 best practices, performing I-9 audits, and where needed our firm negotiates compliance with Form I-9 audits initiated by the government.

Client Testimonials

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

I’m asked for my I-94 a lot, but I’m not really sure what an I-94 is. Where can I find my I-94? What is an I-94? What is my I-94 admission number?

A Form I-94 is a government document issued by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which is formally referred to as an alien’s Arrival/Departure Record. Many individuals refer to it interchangeably as an I-94 or your I-94 number. The Form I-94 was historically a paper form that was filled out and received by an individual upon entry to the United States at Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), However, CBP has created an automation system in recent years and now almost all I-94s are electronic and must be retrieved and kept after entry to the United States. Be sure to log on to CBP at: and obtain a printout of your most recent I-94 as soon as possible after each entry into the United States as you’ll want to check the I-94 for any obvious errors. Any mistakes on the I-94 should be reported to our office as soon as possible as any I-94 errors need to be corrected at the earliest opportunity. If you receive a paper I-94 upon entry to the United States, be sure to check the I-94 for any errors as well. Always be sure to send Celebrezze Law a copy of your most recent I-94 for our records.   I’m currently on H-1B for Employer A, but want to move to Employer B. Can I switch H-1B employers? If an H-1B holder wishes to transfer to another employer, and the H-1B holder has not exhausted all of his or her H-1B time available, an H-1B transfer should be a possibility. H-1B transfer, sometimes known as H-1B portability requires proper timing, preparation and filing before an H-1B should switch positions. Remember that an H-1B is an employer’s petition, so the employer will need to make the decision to sponsor and file an H-1B transfer. Employers interested in hiring an H-1B transfer are urged to contact our office at (440) 669-5914 to discuss the procedure as soon as the candidate is identified.   I’m working for a U.S. Company in OPT and the company would like to file for H-1B status for me. I’ve heard that H-1Bs are limited each year by a cap. When should a company file an H-1B Cap petition? If an employee is nearing the end of his or her OPT validity period, and your company would like to continue to employ the foreign national, the employer will need to sponsor a non-immigrant petition. Which non-immigrant status is appropriate for an individual depends upon the position, and the individual, however, frequently an H-1B is the appropriate status to request. Unless the employer falls into a narrow category of exemption, the employer’s first H-1B on behalf of an individual is typically cap-subject. Therefore, the timing of an H-1B petition is critical, as H-1B petitions are limited in number each year. At this time, H-1Bs are limited to 65,000 per year, and an additional 20,000 are reserved for individuals that graduate from a U.S. Master’s degree or higher. Generally, USCIS accepts H-1B Cap-Subject petitions starting on April 1st each year for petitions requesting that an individual begin H-1B employment on October 1st of that year. Due to the limited number and the high demand, the H-1B cap is typically met or exceed within the first few days of applications, and occasionally a lottery must be conducted to determine which H-1B cases will be reviewed. Contact Celebrezze Law, LLC as soon as possible when an employee or candidate on OPT is identified to ensure the employer has the necessary timeline to ensure continued employment.   ​I’m currently on H-1B for Employer A, but want to move to Employer B. Can I switch H-1B employers?I’m a graduating international student and I’ve heard I can apply for optional practical training (OPT). What is OPT? How long is OPT? OPT stands for Optional Practical Training. Optional Practical Training is a small card that has many similarities to a driver’s license, as it includes an individual’s photo and biometric data on it. OPT typically allows an individual to work for an initial 12 month time frame for any U.S. employer in a position which correlates to the foreign student’s area of study. A graduating international student must apply in advance for an OPT card and have the OPT card in hand before he or she can begin employment.   My employer won’t sponsor me, and I heard I can file for a national interest waiver (NIW) or extraordinary ability green card, is that true? How do I know if I qualify for an EB-2 NIW or EB-1 Extraordinary Ability? It is true that individuals can ‘self-petition’ in two different categories: national interest waiver (NIW) and EB-1 Extraordinary Ability. To receive a free assessment of your eligibilty for an NIW or EB-1 self-petition, send your most up-to-date resume or CV to our office today.  


Celebrezze Law, LLC providing immigration legal assistance from H-1B to green card to US citizenship. We're here to help with all your immigration needs whether it's for assistance in obtaining an H-1B, Form I-9 auditing, filing a green card, or filing for US citizenship.